Workspace File Filters
As a result, everytime, I create a filter to remove these from searches based on the best recollection of my experiences from previous time. I must admit this activity goes wrong everytime and I am forced to google up and flip a few results to try and work out a solution.
This time, I thought to put this beast to rest once and for all (until Eclipse interface changes). Hence am writing this blog entry not only to benefit myself but also the wider community using Eclipse IDE. Largely I am assuming this information "should be" eclipse version independent but if its not, please reply to this blog and I will correct it.
Process - When project has been imported / setup in an eclipse workbench, execute the following steps
- Right Click "Project" and select "Properties".
- Select "Resource".
- Select "Resource Filters".
- Click "Add" to add a new Filter.
- In the dialog window that opens select the following
- Select "Exclude All".
- Select "Folders".
- Select "All Children (Recursive)".
- Type "Name Matches = .svn"
- Select "Ok" and "Apply".